As you know, we have been working hard on updating our grammar stage series of programs. Here is a look at what has been changed.
THE UPDATED VERSION IN A NUTSHELL
The updated version of Earth Science and Astronomy for the Grammar Stage includes a teacher guide that has nearly doubled in size, which means that we have added tons more helps for you! We have also updated the layout of the student workbook making it easier for the students to complete the week’s work.
On top of that, we have expanded the options for each lesson so that you can now use the program with a wider age range of students. We have also swapped out the encyclopedia options, so that they books scheduled are no longer out of print. The updated version has a virtual buffet of activities that you can use to guide your students through their first look at our planet and our solar system.
THE TOP TEN UPDATES
Here are the top ten biggest changes:
- We have rearranged the weeks and added a few topics, so that the program now has five distinct units – one on planet Earth, one on weather, one on rocks and minerals, one on our solar system, and one on the stars and space.
- We inserted a “Take it Further” option to the scientific demonstrations so that you have the tools to enhance what the students are learning through experimentation.
- We boosted the “Reading Assignments” section with another encyclopedia option so that you can easily use the program with students ranging from 1st to 4th grade.
- We included a “Discussion Questions” section so that you can guide your students as they share what they have learned from the reading assignments.
- We added an optional book list so that you have a bit of direction as you search the library for supplemental books.
- We augmented the “Notebooking” section with guidance for the narrations, optional lapbooking assignments, and additional vocabulary words.
- We morphed the “Want More” option into the “Multi-Unit Projects and Activities” section which now provides a variety of options to reinforce what the students are learning.
- We reworked the layout of the student workbook to make it more user-friendly, in other words, there’s no more flipping back and forth between the sections each week.
- We had each of the current memory work poems professionally revised and added six new selections!
- We completely re-did nearly all of the pictures in the student workbook and professionally touched up the remaining ones.
The end result of the updates is nothing short of amazing. We here at Elemental Science are so excited to share the all new Earth Science and Astronomy for the Grammar Stage with you and know that you will love the updated version as much as we do!
You can view a sample or grab your copy of the program at the Elemental Science website now. Plus, from now until the 27th, you can get the updated printed version for the same price as the old one when you use the coupon code NEWFOROLD!
I also wanted to let you know that the Earth Science and Astronomy for the Grammar Stage Experiment Kit has been updated and is now available for purchase at the Elemental Science website.
If you have any questions about the updates, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.